Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Free HQ Photo and Video

Christina Aguilera: I Was Forced to Be "Toothpick Thin" in 2002

Christina Aguilera at the NCLR 2012 ALMA Awards on September 16, 2012 in Pasadena, California.

Christina Aguilera is taking management of her music and of her body.

Appearing on the September 29 cover of Billboard magazine, the 31- yr - old singer opens up about the struggle to stay thin in the music market. " Throughout the promotion of my album Stripped [in 2002], I got exhausted of currently being a skinny, white woman," Aguilera says. "I am Ecuadorian but people today felt so safe passing me off as a skinny, blue-eyed white girl."

"The upcoming time my label saw me, I was heavier, darker and full of piercings!" the 5 -time Grammy Award winner laughs. " Allow me tell you, that wasn't an easy pill for them to swallow. I had acquired about 15 pounds during promotion and in the course of my Stripped tour [with Justin Timberlake, 31]. They termed this severe emergency meeting about how there was a good deal of backlash about my bodyweight. Essentially, they told me I would effect a lot of folks if I obtained fat -- the production, musical directors."

"[They claimed] individuals I toured with would also miss out if I acquired weight simply because I would promote no records or tickets for my displays," she adds. "I was youthful, so I lost the weight quickly and was toothpick thin during Back to Basics promos and touring."

Christina Aguilera
Christina Aguilera
Credit score : Billboard Magazine

The "Your Entire body " singer, dating production assistant Matthew Rutler, had last but not least had enough in 2012. "I told them throughout this Lotus recording, 'You are operating with a extra fat girl. Know it now and get over it.' They will need a rem inder sometimes that I do not belong to them. It's my physique," Aguilera tells the magazine. "My body cannot put any individual in jeopardy of not generating cash any longer &mdashmy body is just not on the table that way anymore."

Right after the vital and industrial failure of her 2010 album Bionic, Aguilera hopes Lotus (in stores November 13) will remind music lovers of her genuine talent. "This album represents a celebration of the new me, and to me the lotus has generally represented this unbreakable flower that withstands any harsh climate situations in its surroundings, that withstands time and remains wonderful and solid all through the many years."

" The moment I could begin writing my own songs, beginning with Stripped, I attempted to infuse as substantially as I could to promote strength and inspire individuals with that message," Aguilera explains. "And now I'm at a place at 31, in which the last time I felt this way was when I was 21 with Stripped and I had a good deal to say and a lot to express."

0 komentar:

Photo of the day

Subscribe daily email

Enter your email address:

Photoblog blogs Top Blogs BRDTracker Celebrities Photoblog Blogs Blog Flux Directory Indonesia Joomla Topsite Online Shopping Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Add to Technorati Favorites web counter

Free website ranking - Add your own website !
eXTReMe Tracker

Ad.fly script