Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Free HQ Photo and Video

Slimmer Tyler Perry: " I'm Laying Off the Donuts!"

Tyler Perry attends The Cinema Society & Grey Goose screening of "Alex Cross" on October 18, 2012 in New York City.

Fans of Tyler Perry's Madea film franchise could not acknowledge the actor/director in his newest purpose -- and not just since he plays a guy.

The six -foot- six, 225-pound star underwent a main physical transformation to turn himself into an action hero for the motion picture Alex Cross, primarily based on James Patterson's best - promoting crime novels. In addition to cardio and excess weight - training, he took up the Israeli martial art Krav Maga and totally created more than his diet, swapping Cajun favorites like dirty rice and pork chops for leaner proteins like grilled chicken and ground turkey. The outcome ? A 30-pound weight loss.

Perry opened up to Us Weekly about his new physique on the red carpet for the Cinema Society's screening of Alex Cross at New York's Tribeca Grand Hotel Thursday night.

"I knew I was going to do the finest I [could]," he mention ed, when asked whether he ever worried he wouldn't get in form in time for the film. "I never place that type of pressure on myself...I do the absolute ideal I can do. I wanted to be 20 pounds lighter than I was, but it is what it is."

The only matter that practically scared him off from the undertaking was the reality that Morgan Freeman had played Alex Cross prior to him, in Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider.

"I walked away from [the part ] because Morgan Freeman had accomplished it, and I did not want to go immediately after Morgan Freeman, due to the fact that man is brilliant," he explained. "I mean, the man played God! But then as I study James' description, I realized he was primarily describing me...so then I considered, 'This is it.'"

Now, he said, "I just really feel truly confident. I truly feel excellent."

He feels so good, in simple fact, that he has ongoing the grueling diet pl an and physical exercise routine he started just before the film.

"The Krav Maga genuinely aids to retain [the fat ] off," the 43- year - old actor told Us. "And I'm laying off the donuts."

His one weakness?

" It really is cognac," he exposed. "I like a good glass of cognac in the evening. Which is tricky to give up."

0 komentar:

Photo of the day

Subscribe daily email

Enter your email address:

Photoblog blogs Top Blogs BRDTracker Celebrities Photoblog Blogs Blog Flux Directory Indonesia Joomla Topsite Online Shopping Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Add to Technorati Favorites web counter

Free website ranking - Add your own website !
eXTReMe Tracker

Ad.fly script